Deaths attributed to common infections resistant to antimicrobials will be the biggest killer in both humans and animals worldwide by 2050 (The Review on Antimicrobial Resistance, 2016).
- The ban on therapeutic levels of zinc oxide in piglet diets, to control post-weaning scours, could result in losses of up to €1,080 million/year for the EU pig industry.
- This drives a need to Review, Reduce and Replace antibiotics Responsibly to help manage gut health and support healthier livestock through the use of natural products.
- Orego-Stim and Anpario’s Acid Based Eubiotics (ABE) are effective in managing sow gut health and improving progeny performance.
Weaning is one of the most stressful times in the commercial pig’s life. For piglets, diarrhoea (scour) is a widespread problem, leading to loss of condition, performance, and even death.
- Ensuring a healthy gut microbiota and a stable, diverse population of bacteria will improve animal health and performance (Miniello et al., 2017), this is defined as Eubiosis.
SOW NUTRITION AND GUT HEALTH
- This also reduces the likelihood of mastitis and enteric issues through reduced pathogen load on the animal and environment.
HOW CAN ANPARIO HELP?
- Improve sow voluntary intakes which leads to piglet pre-weaning growth rate benefits and increased weaning-weights (Tan et al., 2015).
- Orego-Stim also helps to alleviate the stress response at farrowing and is an immune modulator which can help reduce energy demands and improve feed conversion efficiency.
ANPARIO ACID BASED EUBIOTICS (ABE)
- Anpario’s ABE comprise of a blend of organic acids and plant extracts on a unique mineral carrier system to ensure maximum efficacy throughout the GIT and result in low inclusion levels.
- Encouraging the development of a stable and diverse microbiota in turn helps to improve animal performance and health naturally through the increased indigenous production of butyric acid in the lower GIT.
- Anpario’s ABE have also been shown to be effective in supporting swine health and performance without zinc oxide or antibiotics (Anpario own data).