Salgard Liquid 1 Litre
- Low stock - 3 items left
- Inventory on the way
Salgard is an acid-based feed hygiene liquid. Add to finished feed and water.
Improves feed hygiene; controls unwanted bacterial & mould growth in feed and water; supporting digestive health of your birds.
Acid-Based Feed and Water Treatment for Pigeon
The risk from bacterial contamination of feed and water, if left unresolved, can have a detrimental impact on animal health and performance.
Salgard Liquid can be added to any raw material, feed or water as a bacterial decontaminating agent to improve hygiene. It contains formic acid (1K236) which has been approved by the EU for use as a ‘feed hygiene enhancer’, effective against Salmonella spp. and other harmful bacteria; thereby protecting your pigeons from potentially pathogenic bacteria and helping to promote a balanced gut microbiota.
- The active ingredients including Formic acid (1K236) and other organic acids with known antimicrobial activity, which can help the control of Campylobacter, Salmonella, E. coli and other gram-negative microorganisms in raw materials, finished feed and water.
- Helps reduce the risk of feed or water carrying harmful bacteria.
- Promotes the development of healthy gut microbiota in pigeons.
- Assists in the acidification of feed, which can improve palatability and digestibility.
- Supports a strong gastric barrier which is essential for maintaining general health.
- Helps prevent mould growth in feed.
- Formic acid has been shown to be effective against a range of viruses, including Avian Influenza.
- Helps a healthy bird to achieve its genetic potential
How to Use
Suitable for racing and show pigeons of all ages throughout the year.
Include into water at the following rates, ensure to mix thoroughly.
Feed & Feed Ingredients
1 – 8 L/tonne (1 – 8 ml/kg of feed).
1 - 2 L/1000 L water (1 - 2 ml/L of water).
Fogging & Spraying
Dilute 1:4 with clean water.
For best results, use continuously.
Contains volatile fatty acids, do not use in conjunction with other strong acids or alkalis.
Once opened, ensure the product is tightly sealed between use to ensure longevity of the product, and store in a cool, dry area away from heat and damp conditions.
Click here for more information.