Salgard Liquid for Pigs 1 Litre
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Salgard is an acid-based feed hygiene liquid. Add to finished feed and water.
Improves feed hygiene; controls unwanted bacterial & mould growth in feed and water; supporting pigs digestive health.
The risk from bacterial contamination of feed and water, if left unresolved, can have a detrimental impact on pig health and performance.
Salgard Liquid can be added to any raw material, feed or water as a bacterial decontaminating agent to improve hygiene. It contains formic acid (1K236), which has been approved by the EU for use as a ‘feed hygiene enhancer’, effective against Salmonella spp. and other harmful bacteria; thereby protecting your pigs from potentially pathogenic bacteria and helping to promote a balanced gut microbiota.
- Contains organic acids with known antimicrobial activity. Helps reduce the risk of feed or water carrying harmful bacteria.
- Active ingredients help the control of Campylobacter, Salmonella, E. coli and other gram-negative microorganisms in raw materials, finished feeds and water.
- Promotes the development of healthy gut microbiota.
- Assist in the acidification of feed, which can improve palatability and digestibility.
- Helps prevent mold growth in feed.
- Formic acid has been shown to be effective against a range of viruses, including ASF.
- Helps a healthy animal to achieve its genetic potential.
- Trusted and used by leading livestock producers worldwide.
How to Use
Include into feed or water at the following rates, ensure to mix thoroughly.
Feed & Feed Ingredients
1 – 8 L/tonne (1 – 8 ml/kg of feed).
1 - 2 L/1000 L water (1 - 2 ml/L of water).
Fogging & Spraying
Dilute 1:4 with clean water.
For best results, use continuously.
Contains volatile fatty acids, do not use in conjunction with other strong acids or alkalis.
Once opened, ensure the product is tightly sealed between use to ensure longevity of the product, and store in a cool, dry area away from heat and damp conditions.